About 15 km from Vienna, it goes from the airport Vienna-Schwechat out into the world. It is operated by Flughafen Wien AG. On 1,000 hectares, 4 terminals wait for 23.4 million passengers per year (as of 2016).
Facts & Figures on Vienna International Airport
- The airport was actually founded in 1938 as a military airfield of the German Air Force. From 1945, the occupation troops used him. Finally, in 1954, the area was opened as the first privately managed aerodrome in Austria. Today it is the main airport of Austria.
- Several VIP lounges, the NH Vienna Airport Hotel and the Conference Center provide all the comfort for travelers.
- Shops, restaurants and cafes provide the well-being of local travelers and international guests.
- The City Airport Train (CAT) and a number of bus lines such as the Vienna Airport Lines ensure the comfortable and cheap transfer from Vienna to the airport and vice versa.
- If you arrive by car or would like to pick up arrivals, you will find plenty of parking space: a car park, two short-term parking lots and two parking garages.
- Of course, there are also taxis available at Vienna International Airport.
- Extras: Free Wi-Fi and medical care complete the services in the airport area.
- With around 4,300 employees, the airport is one of the largest employers in the Vienna-Schwechat region.
Great tip for big and small airport fans: In the VISITAIR Center of the Vienna-Schwechat Airport there is a visitor’s terrace, an information tour and a look behind the scenes – including a round trip over the apron.
Arrival and location of Vienna International Airport:
address: 1300 Schwechat